Dead tree solving - eco edition! 
Best of both worlds - paper and pencil/pen solving, but rather than curled up with the newspaper, you're curled up with your tablet/iPad/Android! Write, even draw, in the grid, directly on the screen. 

Perfect for rebus puzzles, like this one from a recent Thursday NYTimes puzzle. Use a stylus, for the feel of really writing, or just use your fingertip - it is remarkably easy and is your real writing... I filled this one out using my finger - the stylus is just there for show. (The rebus was MAN - as in TAXMAN at 54D...) If you would like to try it out, click on "About Me" on this page and send me an email.

Saturday, April 28, 2012

ACPT Scoring - track & compare your progress

In response to a question posed in Rexville, here is what the ACPT Scoring looks like with our app:
This actually was an all-time record Saturday for me, though I did google MNEME, which of course I would NOT have been able to do at ACPT!
As you can see, actual time I spent solving was a mere 35 minutes!!  But since at ACPT you are not allowed pauses for refilling your coffee or petting your cat, the scoring is based on the Total Time. 
(I am not at all a speed solver, so I actually don't really care about the time it took me.  Some days I'll have total times of 8 hours or more!)

It is still interesting to see, and really ideal if you are in training or simply want to compare your performance over time and/or with your other puzzle-friends.

1 comment:

  1. Puzzle had 70 words. How could you have only 69 words correct with no wrong letters?

    ReplyDelete